Click image above to expand the photo size
Om Shanti, a yogic term meaning Universal PEACE, refers to a state of being mentally or spiritually at peace. Peace of mind is precisely what we want guests of Om Shanti Seaside Cottage to experience when you visit this unique area of Florida. This cottage soothes guests in the colors of nature with soft hues of gray, white and sea salt blue. We want you to be transported into the sounds, colors, and shapes of nature, helping you feel more at one with yourself. We welcome your inquiries and invite you to experience our home as your own.
Spend a quiet morning at the beach watching the magical dolphins, then have breakfast on the screened porch, and enjoy the wide-open gulf view under the ceiling fans. Let the kids or pets play in the fenced yard while you prepare dinner on the gas grill or in the newly remodeled kitchen where the Gulf waves still catch your eye. A glass of wine or your favorite cocktail is a nice complement to a colorful sunset, and a steamy outdoor shower at the end of the day is another sweet treat.
Located on 30A between Apalachicola (16 miles) and Port St. Joe (10 miles), this cottage provides the perfect zen-like atmosphere to enjoy the broad sandy beaches, unspoiled views and laid back pace of Florida’s Forgotten Coast.
- Newly renovated 1900 sq. ft. 'Old Florida' beach cottage
- 3 bedrooms, 2 baths + outdoor shower. 2 Kings and 2 Twins sleeps 6 comfortably
- Fully updated kitchen, bathrooms, flooring, lighting, paint and more
- Secured fenced yard for children and pets
- Pet friendly for well-mannered dogs
- Spacious outdoor shower equipped with additional sprayer for dogs
- Large private lot
- Ample parking for boats
- Wi-Fi enabled, basic cable service and a DVD player
- Wide Gulf views from screened porch, living area, kitchen and upstairs bedroom
- Spacious "shabby chic" screened porch with beautiful gulf view
- 2-minute walk to wide stretch of white sandy beach
- Dog-friendly beach and legal campfires allowed on beach
- Outdoor entertainment area including gas grill, misting fan, small fridge, sink, Edison lights, dining and seating area and an outdoor shower.
- St. Vincent Wildlife Refuge and St. Joseph Peninsula State Park are nearby for kayaking or day trip with a picnic
- The Great Florida Birding and Wildlife Trail begins 5 minutes from the cottage
- Half a mile from the 'World Famous' Indian Pass Raw Bar
Your reservation includes $250 worth of beach gear. That's right! Rent a beach wagon, beach chairs, umbrellas, paddle boards, and more for your stay. Your $250 credit will go a long way!
We are happy welcome up to 2 dogs for an additional non-refundable pet fee of $200. No events with a higher number of guests than the occupancy of the house are permitted and there is a minimum age requirement of 25 for renters. Smoking is strictly prohibited.